How does the Internship Program work?
The internship must be previously registered and accepted by the Internship Coordinator. The course is graded on the student's performance for both the work in the organization and the academic requirements.
Three appointments with different companies or organizations will be arranged for each student, and if a match is made, the internship begins. If a match is not made after three appointments, either because the students does not fulfill the company's needs or vice versa, ITESM is not obliged to arrange any other interviews for the student.
The work schedule will be arranged with the company according to the student's class schedule, and vary depending on the credits requested by the student (140 hours in 16 weeks for 3 credits, and 280 hours for 6 credits).
For summer internships the student should work full time according to the needed hours for credit certification. However, students are able to request an extension for the credits and working hours to increase their knowledge and experience in the fields of interest.
What are the responsibilities of the interns?
- Students must arrive on time at the interviews that the internship coordinator arranges for them.
- Students must be formal, enthusiastic and show initiative in the company or organization they choose to work in.
- Students have to be aware that they represent their universities, their countries, ITESM and the present and future international students, so they must respect authorities at their jobs and all people in general in the organization and ITESM.
- Students must fulfill the academic requirements. Be aware that the internship is graded for both the academic work and the internship performance within the organization.
How to obtain an internship:
In order to be considered as an internship candidate, please send the following before April 1st or November 1st:
- Curriculum Vitae or résumé in both English and Spanish (with a recent photograph).
- A short essay that describes why it is important for the student to participate in the Internship
- Program and in which areas and/or fields of an organization they would prefer to work.
- The exact date that the student will be able to begin interviews.
Person to contact:
Sandra García Angeles
ITESM Campus Querétaro
Epigmenio González #500
Fracc. San Pablo
Querétaro, Qro. 76130